Promotes and maintains health by providing medical services under the supervision of a
* Contributes to physician's effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range patient
care issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to
deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing physician directives.
* Assesses patient health by interviewing patients; performing physical examinations;
obtaining, updating, and studying medical histories.
* Determines abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests, such as
x-rays, electrocardiograms, and laboratory studies; interpreting test results.
* Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
* Performs therapeutic procedures by administering injections and immunizations; suturing;
managing wounds and infections.
* Instructs and counsels patients by describing therapeutic regimens; giving normal growth and
development information; discussing family planning; providing counseling on emotional problems
of daily living; promoting wellness and health maintenance.
* Provides continuity of care by developing and implementing patient management plans.
* Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and
* Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
* Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying
existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to
requirements; advising management on needed actions.
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing
professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional
* Develops health care team staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and
experiential growth opportunities.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Health Promotion and Maintenance, Thoroughness, Clinical Skills, Informing Others, Medical
Teamwork, Physiological Knowledge, Bedside Manner, Infection Control, Administering
Medication, Pain Management, Self-Development