Thales Avionics, Inc., with a turnover of more than 100 MUSD, is part of the worldwide support
network of Thales group and focuses on providing repair and distribution services to its
customer base (commercial and regional airlines, business jet and helicopter owners). Due to
our recent growth and expansion, we are seeking qualified individuals.
Responsible for the overall activity of the Seattle Operations. Maximizes budgets, facilities
and human resources to meet corporate objectives and exceed customer expectations. Support the
business growth of Thales ASW Service Network by leading the Seattle Operation through the
application of Lean Principles. Maximize a service culture of high performance toward external
and internal customer. Drives share holders value through business growth and cost containment
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Create, develop and manage a customer focused service environment consistent with “Top Link
Repair Service”/Lean Principles.
2. Responsible for the budget (PBMT) for the Seattle operations, including sales, gross
margin, investment, and inventories.
3. Responsible for the FAA Repair Station Operations including, quality, cost control and
customer satisfaction. Responsible for compliance with all applicable Local, Sate, and Federal
4. Responsible for the sales and marketing activity associated with the Seattle Services,
specifically, repair and distribution of parts.
5. Responsible for the management of human resources, including recruitment, retention,
training and performance of individuals.
6. Responsible for the integration of new repair capabilities into the repair station.
Coordinates internal and external resources to support Strategic Business Unit new programs.
7. Collaborates with other TBU and SBLs in support of Boeing programs managed in or through
the Seattle Operations.
8. Participates in special projects for the Business Unit, such as due diligence, customer
support boards, and supporting other facilities as required.
- Monitors and evaluates the activities of the department employees and provides management
coaching, motivation, guidance, and on the job training as necessary to ensure operational
efficiency and adherence to policies and procedures.
- Effectively screens, interviews and selects individuals for open positions within the
- Ensures the completion of performance evaluations for all department personnel, in
accordance with procedures, and submits completed evaluations to Human Resources by the due
- Evaluates existing systems and processes, initiates changes and improvements, and makes
suggestions to upper management.
- Supports management decisions and communicates the philosophy behind decisions to staff.
Consistently demonstrates a positive attitude.
(The above statements describe the general nature and level of work performed in this job.
They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of general duties, and indeed additional
responsibilities may be assigned, as required by management.)
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Minimum four year business or electronics degree preferred MBA. Minimum five years management
experience working in aircraft avionics and instrumentation service environment. Experience in
program management, customer support operations preferred.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work with all levels of management
internally or externally. Must be able to maintain business confidentiality. Fluent in the
French language preferred.
Type Equipment Used/Software Used:
Strong skills utilizing Microsoft Office computer applications.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
General office environment locally, international travel to customer locations or other Thales
business units. Work schedule flexibility required including international travel. Some stress
Thales offers a competitive benefit package including 4 weeks paid time off your first year,
medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K with company contribution, tuitions reimbursement
and much more.
Please submit your resume and cover letter including Salary requirement via email or vial mail
Thales Avionics, Inc
3920 Park Avenue, Edison NJ
Please visit our website at www.thalesgroup.com