Business Process Analyst
Contract to hire or Longterm Consultant
• Supports all aspects of the Full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process as a
software business analyst and functional subject matter expert
• Responsible for developing, analyzing and maintaining business and functional requirements
for software application development projects, which includes detailed requirements
documentation and process flows.
• Supports the application design process through interaction and support of the application
development team. Represents the application end users and all associated functional
requirements during application design.
• Prepares test plans and scripts related to the software application projects.
• Provides quality assurance support through the application testing phase.
• Develops application user manuals and help guides.
• Develops and presents training materials and curriculum.
• Supports the implementation process, production deployment, and application support.
Additional Required Skills:
• Bachelors degree
• 6+ years experience in software development or systems integration environment
• Experience with formal SDLC process
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Attention to detail, self starter attitude and flexibility
Candidate must have excellent organizational, interpersonal and customer-service focused
skills. Candidate must also be able to operate under tight project deadlines to deliver
results according to project requirements and schedules. Candidate must be able to work within
a team environment and who has the ability to communicate with all levels of management.
Perform and coordinate the analysis and design of business systems
Work closely with the application development team in gathering and documenting project
Demonstrate complete understanding of needs from both functional and systems perspectives
Facilitate JAD sessions with members of the development team
Create and maintain formal project artifacts for requirements/use-cases, functional
specifications, and test plans
Provide first level functional support for assigned production applications and development
Perform requirements management, from inception to implementation, including scope control and
Identify and escalate incomplete or ambiguous requirements that need project management and
Have some administrative and reporting responsibilities
Create quality documentation including business requirements, functional specifications, test
plans, test cases, and status reports
Review existing production processes and help improve / redefine systems processes and
infrastructure required to support the application environment.
Provide functional assistance to the technical team in the resolution of production problems.
Communicate system events such as outages, maintenance shut-downs, bug fixes, etc.
Assist in quality improvement activities
Minimum 6 years experience in Business and Systems Analysis and Design, Process modeling and
Participation from start to finish in at least 3 medium to large enterprise-level engagements,
especially in a n-tier distributed environment
Familiarity with relational database systems
Strong and proven skills in creating quality documents such as business requirements /
use-cases, functional specifications, test plans, test cases, and user manuals
Ability to interface with business partners at various levels
Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation
Familiarity with different development methodologies
Experience with automated testing tools