The Senior Software Architect will be responsible for providing technical direction for a large
team in the development of an enterprise workflow and reporting application. The position will
involve designing the architecture for future phases of development while ensuring that
current development efforts comply with set architecture standards.
The ideal candidate should have a degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 10 or more
years of relevant experience.
• Help design and deliver the next-generation of our n-tier, transactional, high-quality,
scalable, and flexible platform
• Track, evaluate and drive adoption and integration of appropriate technologies and best
practices to enable rapid assimilation and leverage
• Work closely with the Program Manager, Business Analysts and Quality Assurance Teams to
prioritize projects and provide technical support
Work closely with front end, back end, and database team to provide technical guidelines and
• Significant experience with commercial quality transactional multi-tier architecture, across
all phases of development from analysis to delivery
• Strong experience with domain analysis and modeling. Strong competency with UML is required
• Experience with server-side Java web application development technologies such as JSP,
Struts, and Hibernate.
• Practical experience with open source and commercial application frameworks that enable
design, development, testing, and deployment of web services and Services Oriented
• Proficiency with XML standards/protocols (i.e. SOAP, XSLT, etc.) as well as developing and
applying custom XML schemas.
• Significant experience working with commercial and open source relational and
object-relational database management systems, object-relational persistence frameworks, SQL
scripts, and stored procedures.
• Proven ability to work both independently and in team-based environments.
• Must be able to facilitate clarification of customer requirements as well as
systems/software architecture and design (design documentation experience desired including
proficiency applying UML throughout the design process)
• Must be able to provide guidance to other software engineers; manage multiple projects, set
priorities and meet deadlines.
• Must be able to define and implement design and coding reviews, and to mentor others in
• chniques and patterns.
• Strong verbal/written communication skills; team building, and organizational skills