Based in Charlottesville Virginia, ScholarOne, Inc. (www.ScholarOne.com) provides comprehensive
workflow management systems for scholarly journals, books, and conferences. Its Web-based
applications enable publishers to manage the submission, peer review, production, and
publication processes more efficiently, increasing their profile among authors, decreasing
time-to-market for critical scientific data, and decreasing infrastructure costs.
ScholarOne's clients include prestigious non-profit societies, university presses, government
agencies, and the world's leading commercial publishers. The company employs 75 people at its
Charlottesville, Virginia headquarters and in the Washington, DC area; Boston, Massachusetts;
and Oxford and London, United Kingdom.
Work in a medium-sized team to enhance custom built J2EE application. Experience as a senior
developer or development lead required.
Must be intelligent and conscientious. Must be a self-starter and highly motivated. Must be
able to comprehend quickly a large, complex system. Will be expected to follow established
coding and software quality standards.
· Java J2EE programming experience required. Java certification a plus.
· Experience developing web-based applications required.
· XML experience a plus.
· Knowledge of a J2EE application server preferred. Knowledge of BEA WebLogic a plus.
· Knowledge of relational databases, SQL, JDBC a must. Knowledge of DB2 helpful.
· Knowledge of software lifecycle and experience working with high availability 24/7
production systems extremely helpful.
· 5+ years of solid Java programming required.
· 5+ years of web development.