Position: Pharmacy Director/Assistant Director
Provides pharmacy services by providing pharmaceutical information and therapies to patients;
keeping health professionals informed; supervising residents; directing staff.
* Accomplishes pharmacy services human resource strategies by determining accountabilities;
communicating and enforcing values, policies, and procedures; implementing recruitment,
selection, orientation, training, coaching, counseling, disciplinary, and communication
programs; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and
reviewing compensation strategies.
* Develops pharmacy services organizational strategies by contributing information, analysis,
and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establishing functional objectives in
line with organizational objectives.
* Establishes pharmacy services operational strategies by evaluating trends; establishing
critical measurements; determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service
strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing
* Develops pharmacy services financial strategies by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating
requirements, trends, and variances; aligning monetary resources; developing action plans;
measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of
* Directs the purchasing, inventory control, storage, distribution, and control of all
pharmaceuticals, IV solutions, and related supplies/equipment by setting standards; developing
policies and procedures; adhering to principles of purchasing and cost containment.
* Maintains on-going program of clinical and drug use control services by serving on the
pharmacy and therapeutics committee and other medical/hospital committees where input
concerning the use of drugs is needed.
* Keeps health care professionals and patients informed by providing a center for drug
* Maintains legal and accreditation compliance by developing policy positions concerning
federal, state, and local regulations, and jacho standards; anticipating emerging issues.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional
publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Enhances pharmacy servicesí reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and
different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Performance Management, Developing Standards, Pharmacology, People Management, Organization,
Planning, Training, Financial Planning and Strategy, FDA Health Regulations, Health Promotion
and Maintenance, Attention to Detail