• Acquire, edit and develop book projects.
• Work directly with authors, illustrators and agents on development of book projects
• Oversee all stages of book production from receipt of manuscript to publication, with a
concerted effort to keep books on their scheduled list and in by the specified deadlines
• Work directly with designers; copyeditors and other internal staff on all matters related to
• Write all book copy, marketing and launch notes
• Assist in supervision of support staff.
Significant and extensive book editorial experience and industry contacts. Must have superior
writing, organizational, negotiation and supervisory skills and a proven ability to create
vision and program management as well as develop and maintain relationships with authors and
agents. High level of creativity and a strong bottom line orientation to the business
necessary. Must possess college degree or equivalent work experience.
Please email your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to Jobs@HarperCollins.com with
the subject line MM-EELG.