Nabi Biopharmaceuticals applies its knowledge of the human immune system to commercialize and
develop products that address serious, unmet medical needs. The Company’s focus is in the
areas of infectious, autoimmune and addictive diseases. In addition to four marketed products
(PhosLo®, Nabi-HB®, WinRho SDF®, Aloprim™), the Company has several products in various stages
of preclinical and clinical testing. Nabi Biopharmaceuticals has advanced StaphVAX® to Phase
III clinical development. StaphVAX is designed to prevent the most dangerous and prevalent
strains of Staph aureus bacterial infections. Staph aureus bacteria are a major cause of
hospital-acquired infections and are becoming increasingly resistant to antibiotics. The
Company’s other products in development include Altastaph™, an antibody for prevention of
Staph aureus infections, and NicVAX™, a nicotine vaccine, both in Phase II clinical testing,
and Civacir™, an antibody for preventing hepatitis C virus re-infection in liver transplant
patients. For additional information on Nabi Biopharmaceuticals, please visit our Web site at:
* Develops immunological assays to evaluate B-cell and T-cell responses to small
haptens/antigens and polysaccharide conjugate vaccines.
* Analyzes the immune response in animals and humans to determine affinity, avidity, and
specificity of antibodies.
* Explores the role of antibody and cell mediated immunity in infectious diseases.
* Ph.D. in Immunology with postdoctoral or industrial experience of at least 5 years in
immunology or vaccine research. Knowledge of human responses to diseases and vaccines.
* Knowledge of the role of host competence and means to maximize immune responses such as
adjuvants and their mechanism of action are essential.
* Ability to supervise personnel and develop work plans, projects and goals.
* Good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to speak before conferences
and company meetings.
* Computer skills in MS Office Applications including graphics and databases.
Interested? Please email your resume to Jobs@nabi.com or fax information to 301.770.3097.
PLEASE CITE JOB TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE OR COVER LETTER.
Nabi Biopharamaceuticals is an EOE Employer.