Point Therapeutics is a growing Boston-based biopharmaceutical company developing small
molecule drugs for a variety of cancers, certain hematopoietic disorders, type 2 diabetes and
as vaccine adjuvants. The lead product candidate, talabostat (PT-100), is in Phase 2 clinical
trials and is an orally-active small molecule which, through a novel mechanism of action, has
the potential to inhibit the growth of malignant tumors and to reconstitute the hematopoietic
system. We currently have an opening for:
Research Assistant/Associate, Biochemistry/ Cellular Biology
The candidate will conduct experiments designed to investigate the biochemical and cellular
mechanism of action and target interactions of Point’s drug candidates in oncology and
immunology as part of a small, dynamic interdisciplinary team.
- Candidates for this position should ideally hold a BS or MS in a biological discipline such
as biochemistry, biology or related field and have at least 5-years post-graduation experience
in research in an academic or biotechnology position.
- Research will involve the application of modern techniques in protein biochemistry and
molecular biology, including electrophoresis, immunoblotting, chromatography, ELISA,
enzymology, enzyme inhibition studies, PCR, basic tissue culture skills and
- A basic understanding of immunology is required.
- The candidate’s recent research experience must include application of at least some of the
relevant technology in bio-medical research.
- The candidate should be proficient in Microsoft Office Programs, Word, PowerPoint, and
- Candidates who are independently motivated and have the ability to work independently are
encouraged to apply.
The position offers unprecedented opportunity to learn in a supportive, multidisciplinary
setting in a growing company. To apply, please send your resume and salary expectations to:
email@example.com , or to Point Therapeutics, Attn. Barry Jones, 155 Federal Street, Fourth
floor, Boston, MA 02110.
No phone calls, please. Principals only.