Responsible for enterprise-wide data sales and solutions to small, medium, and large
businesses. Provides technical support and assistance to field sellers. Works in conjunction
with the Business Leadership Team to finds ways to increase account growth, subscription
additions, and revenue mining of business accounts.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for meeting or exceeding assigned sales and financial quotas relating to
the business channel as assigned by the VP Sales
Provides regular and routine updates to the VP Business Sales on all pending sales activity
Ensures that all customers and key stakeholders are provided with exceptional customer
Is directly responsible for the coordination of all direct sales activities/data training in
5. Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information
from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and
6. Works in conjunction with Area Director’s and Sales Managers to optimize data sales
and specialized applications. Supports AE’s in the field as appropriate.
Provides technical support and training to sales team on business solutions as required
Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained.
Prepares reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts.
10. Works with direct sales representatives to keep account activities and literature up to
Attends trade shows as necessary to stay abreast of emerging technologies
12. Provides regular and consistent feedback to VP Sales concerning sales activities,
problems and concerns, issues, or suggestions.
13. Ensures that all customers are provided with the necessary training and information to
efficiently utilize products and services
14. Takes steps appropriate to help minimize the churn rate in the Business sales channel
15. Plans and coordinates activities to ensure maximization of time and resources
16. Ensures compliance with all standards, practices, policies and processes
Set the team standard for professionalism by demonstrating current and proficient knowledge of
all systems, processes, policies, promotions, pricing, and products.
Maintain working knowledge of subordinate functions and perform those functions as required
Demonstrate and coach professional verbal, written, sales presentation skills.
Prepare and respond to customer RFP’s to include presentation, price quotes, credit terms, and
Skills / Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; two years experience in the
telecommunications industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Skilled
and proficient with applicable computer hardware, wireless equipment, and related software
Employees in this position must maintain current technical proficiency, applicable
certifications, and a valid driver’s license.