TITLE: Quality Control Chemist II
LOCATION: Philadelphia, PA
Novavax, Inc. is a specialty biopharmaceutical company dedicated to solving some of the
world’s most challenging health problems through research, development and commercialization
of proprietary products focused on women’s health and infectious diseases. We are poised to
capitalize on the depth of our management expertise, scientific talent, and strength of our
strategic partnerships to create medical innovations.
We are seeking a self-starting Quality Control Chemist to implement analytical testing
including QC samples, in-process samples, product and process investigation testing, conduct
stability testing and method development. This position requires an emphasis on Agilent HPLC
and GC systems, and a proficiency in Chemstation/Chemstore. This person will contribute to the
writing of SOP’s and analytical reports, conform to GMP and FDA regulations, review peer work
and contribute to basic laboratory cleaning.
Responsibilities include but are not limited too:
• Conduct analytical testing following routine SOP’s on finished product, samples in stability
programs, in-process samples and cleaning validation samples to meet product and protocol
specifications. All procedures will follow cGMP/cGLP compliance.
• Write certificates of analysis and review work of peers.
• Contribute to writing SOP’s and laboratory procedures to maintain the laboratory in cGMP
• Conduct and maintain records on projects and work independently on supervisor directed
• Perform sampling and chemical testing of USP Purified Water.
• Perform swabbing of manufacturing equipment for cleaning and TOC testing.
• Update chemical inventory and clean glassware.
• Assist in testing of new products and process improvement studies.
• BS in Chemistry or related area.
• Hands on experience on HPLC, GC and theoretical knowledge of a range of analytical
techniques and instrumentation. Good laboratory notebook record keeping and following cGMP
guidelines. Experience with Agilent Chemstation and Chemstore software. Other desired
instrumentation techniques: particle size, viscosity, pH, TOC and computer literate. Knowledge
of laboratory policies and sample custody a plus.
• At least 2 years experience in a GMP/GLP analytical laboratory or similar environment.
Knowledgeable in writing SOPs and analytical reports. Experience with FDA audits a plus.
Novavax, Inc. offers a base salary, annual bonus, stock options, professional career
development/growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package including medical,
dental, vision, Rx, STD, LTD, Life, Optional Life, 401(k) plan.
Novavax, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.