PROGRAM MANAGER AEROSPACE & DEFENSE
Manager will be accountable for 1) developing the approaches and methodologies for identifying
and cataloging the California SMEs (small and medium size manufacturers); 2) developing the
tools, approaches and methodologies for improving the abilities of SMEs to respond to defense
procurements; and 3) developing CMTC products from the results of the two efforts.
Developing concepts and approaches to satisfy Contract, Defense customers, and CMTC
Assigning resources, developing concepts and approaches to satisfy supplier
Manage and lead (planning, reviewing, reporting, etc.) CMTC efforts to accomplish
tasks and milestones
• Provide leadership and management of work in order to meet contract and program
• Develop tools, approaches and methodologies to assess, identify and compile SME capabilities
• Develop approaches to assess SMEs for Defense procurements.
• Develop product suite of tools and techniques to allow improvements of SMEs for Defense
• Catalog SMEs to reflect industry, financial, operational and product capability to meet DoD
• Participate in requirements analysis for SME capabilities database.
• Experience in qualifying suppliers for DoD procurements
• Good working knowledge of government Federal Acquisition Regulations and bidding process
• Working knowledge of manufacturing processes inclusive of LEAN and ISO 9000 implementation
• Experience in developing tools for training suppliers for improvements.
• Must be proactive and able to work effectively with cross-functional teams that are
geographically distributed with minimal or no direct supervision
• Must have excellent inter personal, report writing, presentation and verbal communication
Education and Experience:
• Bachelors degree required
• Must have 10-15 years experience in manufacturing improvement programs or supplier
• Experience with managing a program development team.
• Experience in systems analysis and requirements definition a plus
• Experience advocating and presenting programs required