Looking for a challenging, high-tech engineering position with loads of growth potential?
Dread the thought of having to uproot and enter the rat race working in or near a big city?
Then we have the engineering opportunity for you!
TRW Automotive in Marshall, IL has an opening for an Senior Process Engineer supporting the
design, development and implementation of printed circuit board assembly (PCBA) processes to
meet high volume manufacturing requirements.
The TRW plant is nestled in the heart of Marshall, a small town with a population of 3600.
The city of Marshall is located midstate on the eastern border of Illinois and is only 20
miles from Terre Haute, Indiana. And in this part of the country, that means less than a
30-minute commute! The facility hosts several automated assembly lines and manufactures
electronic components for the automotive industry.
· Responsible for the activities related to the development and support of new Printed
Circuit Board Assembly (PCBA) processes including evaluating process cost, quality, capacity
· Develop equipment, materials, and process performance requirements, performs vendor
searches and equipment evaluation to ensure adequate capability to produce quality product in
required quantities at an effective cost.
· Lead cross functional and cross divisional teams in implementing technical and
· Develops and performs designed experiments (DOE) and capability studies, develops
process specifications, and designs and procures process tooling.
· Analyze new process and equipment with the intent of achieving continuous improvement
of present methods.
· Develops process documentation and trains personnel on new processes, materials and
· Supports production and design in high-level technical problems.
· Provides technical support for new product launches including performing design
reviews for improvements in manufacturability (DfM).
· Apply verbal and written communications skills in periodic and special
reports/presentations both internally and with externally.
· BSEE, BSME, BSIE
· Minimum of 7 years experience in an electronics-manufacturing environment.
· Direct experience with development, implementation and technical support of PCB
assembly processes and equipment for SMT and Thru-hole technologies.
· Team Leadership Skills, project management skills, and the capability to communicate
and influence at the plant level staff.
· Training and experience in the development, execution, and analysis of designed
experiments (DOE), problem solving, and decision-making tools.
· Experience with developing PFMEA, DFMEA, and control plans.
· Candidate should have made significant contributions in evaluation, selection, and
implementation of process chemistries such as fluxes, coatings, adhesives and solders.
· Knowledge of component packaging and assembly methods for SMT, and thru-hole
· Experience with final assembly methods and techniques.
· Green belt/Black belt experience or certification desired.
· Technical knowledge of lead-free soldering materials, processes and implementation.
TRW Automotive Electronics offers an outstanding work environment and a total compensation
package that includes health, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as pension,
gainsharing and 401(k) plans.
Please make sure you reference “Sr. Process Engineer” in your submission.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V