Maintenance positions require highly skilled and experienced individuals. We provide on-the-job
and on-site training, and continuous training at the National Center for Employee Development
(NCED) in Norman, OK.
Independently performs the full range of diagnostic, preventive maintenance, alignment and
calibrations, and overhead tasks on both hardware and software of mail processing, customer
service and buidling equipment and systems, applying advanced technical knowledge to solve
complex problems. Knowledge of basic mechanics, electronics, digital electronics, safety
procedures, basic computer concepts. Ability to perform basic mathematical
computations/calculations, perform more complex mathematics such as algebra etc., detect
patterns, observe and analyze qualitative and quantitative factors, use written reference
materials, communicate both in writing and orally, follow instructions, work under pressure,
work with others, work without immediate supervision, work from heights, work safely and
efficiently. Ability to use hand tools, portable power tools and shop power equipment and
ability to solder.
How to Apply:
1. Applicants must apply for an exam before they will be considered for
2. Applicants can apply for an exam online or by phone.
o Online - www.usps.com/employment and use Announcement #133472 through
October 31, 2005.
o By Phone - Call 1-866-999-8777 (TTY 1-800-800-8776) and follow the
3. After you have applied; you will be sent a package that includes the exam
date, time and location, along with materials to help you prepare.
4. Take the exam; you must receive a passing score of 70 on the written
examination to receive further employment consideration.
5. After passing the exam, you will be required to complete, within a specific
timeframe, a supplemental application describing your knowledge, skills and
6. If you are determined to be qualified, you will continue the process for
Application for this position will only be considered through the www.usps.com website. Do
not send resumes through email.