Director-Public Policy and Advocacy
National Multiple Sclerosis Society seeks a qualified individual as a Director of Public
Policy and Advocacy for our Public Policy Office located in Washington, DC. This individual
will direct federal advocacy activities as well as national and chapter federal grassroots
· Conducting direct research and collecting information on federal activity in the five
main public policy areas.
· Planning federal advocacy activities by prioritizing issues, developing positions,
selecting and executing appropriate advocacy tactics.
· Educating national and chapter staff as well as volunteer advocates.
· Building relationships with key public officials.
· Interacting with National Board Members, Chapter Presidents and chapter board
· Overseeing the advocacy department and the day to day functioning of the office.
This position requires a candidate to have a minimum of a Masters degree and 5 years of
government relations experience at the federal level AND experience with health and/or
disability issues. Must have 3 years of supervisory experience and excellent communication
Please direct a resume and salary requirements to email@example.com or fax to 212-476-0535. Only
candidates selected for further interest will be contacted.
Competitive salary and benefit package.