Cypress Communications is the preferred communications solution provider in more than 1,300
commercial office buildings in 25 major metropolitan U.S. markets. Each day, Cypress uses its
fiber optic and copper broadband infrastructure to connect more than 100,000 employees for
over 8,500 small- and medium-sized businesses in commercial office buildings. As a
single-source provider of communication solutions, Cypress supplies advanced digital and IP
phones, unlimited local and long distance calling, business-class Internet connectivity,
firewalls, security and VPN solutions, audio/web conferencing and business television
solutions. The Cypress EZ Office product suite provides a premium bundled solution with one
number to call for support, one simple bill and the highest level of service available.
Currently we are in need of an Inside Sales Account Executive in our Buckhead / HQ office.
The Inside Account Executive (IAE) will focus on prospecting, qualifying and closing new
business opportunities within an assigned territory. This will be accomplished through
telemarketing, targeted campaigns for specific offers and leads developed from relationships
with the outside Account Executives, building leasing agents, property managers and
independent tenant brokers. The IAE will need to work effectively with branch operations
teams and corporate organizations. This position is primarily an outbound telesales role with
the majority of activity being accomplished over the telephone and via email. Excellent
opportunity for sales skills development and substantial income.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
· Primarily responsible for prospecting, qualifying and closing communications
solutions for new customers in and out of Cypress office buildings.
· Primary source of leads will be derived from telemarketing, developing relationships
with building leasing agents, property managers and independent tenant brokers. Additional
leads may be provided by the outside account executive.
· Will be assigned to a specific territory.
· References a structured sales process including a prepared selling script for
prospecting, communicating our value proposition, opportunity qualification, objection
handling, proposal development, closing techniques for customer commitment, contract
negotiation/ execution and order processing.
Meet or exceed quota requirements by managing the quantity and quality of sales pipeline.
Also, document customer information to identify future opportunities.
Leverage Cypress information systems to target and qualify revenue opportunity and provide
updated information for future use. Become expert user of Cypress customer relationship
management systems to perform duties.
Develop expert knowledge of Cypress products and services.
Maintains accurate and timely completion of Cypress reporting tools to document work activity,
customer interactions and customer relationship management information.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Preferred candidates will have previous telesales and/or sales experience.
· Previous experience selling or working in the telecommunications industry and more
specifically, Internet, local/long distance and equipment sales.
· Aptitude to quickly learn products and service. Work efficiently with a sense of
· Demonstrated skills and ability in prospecting, qualifying and closing sales.
· 2-3 years of prior sales experience. Has track record of meeting and exceeding sales
Able to learn and discuss standard telecommunication, Internet, data networking concepts,
practices, and procedures. Some prior experience is helpful.
Personal attributes: good phone persona, persistent, creative, organized, has integrity,
reliable, goal-oriented, good work ethic, able to tolerate ambiguity, able to handle
rejection, able to take direction, good team player.
· Is a compelling and articulate communicator using a variety of mediums (telephone,
e-mail, web conferencing, etc.).
· Is team oriented and works collaboratively to achieve team goals.
· Demonstrates understanding that the combination of quantity and quality of activities
lead to predictable results.
· Intermediate to expert competency with MS Office Suite, Internet, Customer
Relationship Management applications and telephone/voicemail systems.
· College degreed or equivalent experience preferred.
Must possess strong interpersonal skills and have the ability to interact with all levels of
employees in a professional manner.
As an essential function of this position, the employee must be able to handle high levels of
stress satisfactorily and be congenial with other employees and customers at all times.
An ability to meet varying work schedules is required. Flexibility with hours and
responsibilities a must.