Come join us! As a member of our acclaimed professional team you'll join an elite network of
financial professionals known for providing truly personal, face-to-face service. VALIC
Financial Advisors is part of American International Group, Inc., an industry leader in
providing retirement plans and investment programs to employees of more then 40,000 education,
healthcare, public sector and other various organizations. Our investment products and services
are marketed by a national team of nearly 2,000 financial advisors dedicated to providing
unparalleled personal, face to face service for VALIC clients.
We now seek highly motivated individuals with NASD Series 7 or 6, 63 and State Life and Health
licenses for the opening of:
Associate Financial Advisor in South Boston.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
-Working closely with a Senior Financial Advisor in a mentoring relationship while servicing
and selling to existing and new clients.
- Building on current client relationships to provide your clients with products such as
annuities, mutual funds, life insurance and long term care insurance.
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER:
- Superb prospecting, advertising and sales promotion support including: colorful eye-catching
sales literature, a comprehensive series of financial planning workshops, and customized direct
marketing literature and letters.
- The power of computer-based programs and services to support your sales effort.
- State-of-the-art notebook computers and printers that will let you provide innovative
retirement planning and asset allocation services for your clients, wherever they are.
- Sales meetings and conferences at prestigious four-star destinations.
- Benefits package including group medical and dental, life, healthcare and dependent care
reimbursement accounts, free group life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, a generous
401(k) plan with company matching contributions, and more.
We are committed to creating opportunities for VALIC financial professionals, rewarding
performance, and partnering with you to take stock in your future. Income sources can include
training allowances, commissions, asset-based compensation or a combination of these
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work experience.
- One to three years industry experience
- Proven knowledge of the financial industry
- NASD Series 6 or Series 7
- NASD Series 63
- State Variable Life & Health License
- Inclination toward sales
To be successful in this position you must possess and effectively demonstrate the following
- Ability to quickly learn and market a variety of financial products and services.
- Exceptional communication
- Effectively utilizing technology for sales presentations and account servicing.
- Building customer loyalty
- Initiating action
- Contributing to team success
- Time management
- Ability to work with very limited supervision
**Please note that individuals who already possess the required licenses and have financial
industry sales experience will be given first employment consideration.**
Financial Advisors typically set their own schedules and work 40 or more hours a week. The
hours you work, which can be flexible, depend on the number of clients serviced, the amount of
time spent servicing each client and the time involved in managing client investments. The
flexibility to work some scheduled evening and weekend hours is essential in providing
high-quality service for customers who prefer evening or weekend appointments.
Financial Advisors are ultimately commission-based. Training allowances are available for new
FAs under appropriate circumstances. The compensation package for advisors and managers is
very competitive, with no ceiling on earning potential.
The exact amount of travel depends on the assigned territory and client base. As we move
forward, client-servicing tools are increasingly accessed through technology; however,
face-to-face service is also an important part of servicing clients and is frequently
required. Occasional travel for training, group enrollments, or regional meetings may also be
AIG is the world's leading U.S.-based international insurance and financial services
organization, the largest underwriter of commercial and industrial insurance in the United
States, and among the top-ranked U.S. life insurers. Its member companies write a wide range
of general insurance and life insurance products for commercial, institutional and individual
customers through a variety of distribution channels in approximately 130 countries and
jurisdictions throughout the world. AIG's global businesses also include financial services,
retirement savings and asset management.