The ideal candidate’s primary responsibility will be to provide program management support,
technical support and subject matter expertise on the HIPAA Standard Identifiers to the Chief
Business Office in all phases of analysis, design, test, and implementation of enterprise-wide
systems, business models, re-engineered revenue processes, and procedures in support of VHA’s
HIPAA compliance activities. The candidate will be the point of contact for individual field
Automated Data Processing Application Coordinators and Health Information and Management with
questions on the HIPAA Standard Identifiers.
· Attend weekly HIPAA PMO Team, Business Office Staff, and other related meetings
· Follow up on incoming critical correspondence (via email/fax/written) to the PMO.
· Establish and maintain project specific computer-based and paper files, including
confidential and company proprietary files.
· Document and update Weekly Project Report.
· Submit daily CTGi Timesheets
· Determine and communicate time-frame for project completion; coordinate project
activities between teams to ensure project requirements are satisfied.
· Strong document editing and proofreading ability.
· Provide tracking of all related industry meetings, evaluate and ensure participation
of appropriate team members.
· Communicate and collaborate with other departments within CBO and the business
· Respond to requests for assistance by project managers, developers, and VHA staff
involved in compliance initiatives.
· Work closely with all office liaisons and PMO team to quickly identify, prioritize
and resolve issues.
· Ensure the quality of all project deliverables for the PMO.
· Complete special projects as needed and perform related responsibilities as required
· Maintain understanding of core business issues and processes affecting the HIPAA
· Escalate and manage project issues to resolution.
· Maintain project plan.
Education and Knowledge:
· The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or
equivalent with at least 6 years of project management experience in a high-tech/fast-paced
· Overall understanding of the HIPAA legislation with a preferred understanding of the
· Knowledge of government practices and procedures (preferred).
· Experience with computerized office systems and software is required (i.e.,
Microsoft Office Suite).
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as excellent
interpersonal skills to foster interaction within all levels of the organization are
· Excellent project leadership skills with the ability to prioritize multiple requests
and manage multiple tasks.
· Exercise sound judgment in determining the objectives of an assignment. Work with
minimal supervision and guidance when given specific and detailed instructions as to required
tasks and expected results.
· The project manager must be able to effectively solve problems and make appropriate
· Prioritizing projects, meetings and schedules to ensure the needs of the business
are being met.
· Ability to handle multiple projects with rapidly changing priorities and deadlines.
· Ability to accept direction from, and support, multiple managers and clients.
· Two to five years related experience is required.
· "Soft skills" such as being able to take the initiative, anticipating the next order
of tasks, being diplomatically savvy, and being adept at multitasking are a necessity for
success in this role.
· Proven research and analytical reasoning abilities.
· A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
· This successful candidate will have strong initiative and tenacity in getting tough
assignments accomplished even when experiencing adversity.