Project Product Manager - Pharmaceutical - Salt Lake City, UT
Client will relocate for qualified candidates
We have been at the forefront of technical innovation for the pharmaceutical industry by
providing electronic quality management systems and the company was one of the first to
develop software that enables compliance with FDA 21 CFR Part 11 regulations. Hundreds of
companies worldwide use our suite of quality products to handle document control system
processes, change control, training control, corrective and preventive actions, CAPA, and
audits to meet FDA regulatory requirements and industry quality management system standards,
including ISO, AS and QS/TS.
- Focus on creating solution packages targeted at life sciences companies.
- Successful creation and management of our products through all stages of the product's life
cycle, including conception, definition, development, release and post-mortem activities.
1. Perform market and quantitative analysis, including:
- Research markets, including existing competitors, market share, etc.
- Assess market competition by comparing to competitors products
- Establish key customer pains based on primary and secondary research
- Prepare return-on-investment analyses
2. Perform product planning for our solution packages, including:
- Create Product Definition (product concept or marketing requirements document)
- Create Requirements Specifications (user scenarios)
- Identify Product Positioning (licensing, packaging, benefits, etc.)
- Enable the Sales Process (sales strategy, demo highlights, etc.)
3. Lead general product development activities
- Identify and track milestones (spec completion, beta testing, etc.)
- Establish time schedules with engineering and QA
- Interact with customers (feedback on specs, early demonstrations, beta, etc.)
- Assist marketing (draft messaging for collateral, create initial presentations, etc.)
- Consult with sales (engage prospects on early demos, participate on sales calls, etc.)
4. Vision fulfillment, ensuring that the vision expressed in the product specifications and
definitions comes to fruition by working with resources from the entire company to deliver the
right products in the right timeframe.
* Product Management, People Management, Understanding the Customer, Product Development,
Requirements Analysis, Pricing, Planning, Competitive Analysis, Sales Planning, Financial
Planning and Strategy
* Bachelors degree in business or computer sciences or equivalent work experience; advanced
degree in business or computer sciences is a plus.
* Minimum of 5 years experience working in a Life Sciences company with extensive
participation in the overall quality system and quality processes, such as document control,
CAPA, training, non-conformances, complaints, LIMS, etc.
* Minimum of 2 years experience working with a software development company and a thorough
understanding of software development processes
* Exposure to computer systems validation requirements
* Electronic forms experience with Acrobat, Exchange, Access or otherwise
* Strong communication skills, both written and verbal