The Technical Services Engineer I, General Support is responsible for handling Tier 1 IS/IT
support throughout the Enterprise. The TSE-I will work closely with the TSE-II and Director
of IT on various projects. Additionally, the TSE-I will focus on an area of technology to
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Other duties may be added and/or assigned.
Handle all Tier 1 calls and trouble tickets from OpenTable employees.
Work closely with the tech support group to provide continuing training and best practices in
general areas of technology.
Provide basic support to Field Operations when more advanced technical knowledge is required.
Assist other TSEs with documentation.
Provide consultative services to clients requiring advanced technical knowledge.
On-call requirements – Responsible for carrying a pager and cell phone on a 24 x7 basis, in
rotation with other IT staff.
· Interact with existing and prospective OpenTable customers through inbound and
outbound telephone calls and emails.
· Maximize customer satisfaction by identifying the needs of customer, then offering
appropriate solutions through:
- Having a thorough knowledge of the OpenTable products and services and benefits.
- Listening and asking customers probing questions to determine current needs and
anticipate future needs.
· When interacting with customers via phone or email, represent OpenTable with the
utmost regard for professionalism, empathy, understanding, etiquette, and work ethics.
· Continually identify methods to improve processes and procedures for interacting
with OpenTable customers.
· Exhibit a proactive attitude toward potential patterns/problems based on information
provided by customers.
Travel to client sites may be required.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess the knowledge,
skills, and abilities listed below.
Strong knowledge of the following is required: Microsoft Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000, Windows
XP, Microsoft Office, PC hardware, Ethernet, TCP/IP, xDSL, dial-up and VPN.
UNIX/Linux knowledge desirable
Experience in migration to Active Directory desirable
Excellent communication and documentation skills are critically important
The ability to multi-task
Strong interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
Strong documentation skills
The ability to successfully interact with OpenTable customer base in a professional and
The desire to succeed in a growing company.
Education and/or Experience:
Four year BS/BA degree preferred.
2+ years experience working in a Windows environment.
1 year in UNIX/Linux environment