SENIOR/ BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST, MIS
Responsible for working with the programming staff and business community to identify and
analyze the business/system problem and produce a detailed business requirements document
specifying viable solutions. Individual will also act as Project Manager responsible for
coordinating the efforts necessary to design, develop and deliver the solution to both
internal and external clients.
· Act as a liaison between the client and the MIS
· Become educated in the client work process through interviews and data collection in
order to perform an effective analysis on the current process/system.
· Act as Project Manager to insure solution is developed according to client
specifications and timetables.
· Communicate project status to various levels within the organization through
meetings and formal presentations.
· Evaluate risk and develop and document a comprehensive test plan for the solution
that is appropriate for the risk involved.
· Lead in the development, documentation and testing of all assigned projects.
· Coordinate the implementation of successfully tested and documented solution.
· Create and maintain all project documents related to the solution.
· Follow department project methodology and guidelines in the development and delivery
of system solutions to the affected client.
· Review and interpret legal contracts when necessary.
· Perform various financial analyses on projects when necessary.
· 3-5 years of business analysis and project management experience is required
· Business or Computer Science Related Undergraduate degree required
· MBA preferred
· Strong communication, judgment, and problem solving skills.
· Ability to multitask and prioritize multiple projects
· Ability to perform various financial analyses
· Strong MS Office skills, specifically MS Access and MS Excel
· Experience with advanced systems analysis techniques and methodologies.
· Property Casualty Experience