ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Marketing programs analysis and reporting
· Provide analysis and routine reporting of Marketing programs effectiveness (direct
mail, e-commerce, etc.) including overall trends, performance, response rate, AOV, product
split, and close and up-sell ratios for our corporate/government and single user business
· Provide product and customer performance sales data analysis (direct, sell-through,
Strategic management and responsibility of customer and prospect database
· Development of standard marketing reports and a marketing dashboard
· Establish and maintain best practices pertaining to data management, performance
measurement and market segmentation.
· Establish methods and policies regarding the ongoing management and oversight of new
and updated data from a variety of sources into the company’s world-wide customer database.
· Oversee data input functions (leads, registration data, other) for both quality and
· Oversee data output functions (list pull, queries, data processing) for both quality
· Oversee links to and from other data sources for maximized efficiency and the
meeting of project-specific criteria.
· Maintain and incorporate e-commerce, in-bound telesales, and registration data into
· Provide expertise on list procurement and on-going management.
· Manage relationships with e-commerce and other vendors involved in securing,
maintaining, and managing customer data.
· Work closely with other marketing professionals on surveys of customers.
· Recommend and oversee customer database maintenance/upgrades for forward-thinking
· Provide direction and guidance to the company’s database administrator to meet the
This is a key role in our Marketing organization. The Senior Market Analyst/ Marketing DBA
will serve as the point person within Mathsoft responsible for providing specifications for
all customer information captured through various media and will be marketing’s primary
liaison with MIS and the Sales team responsible for providing customer base demographics,
recommending customer targets with analysis, identifying customer base opportunities, and
related market research.
BA/BS. Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role for packaged software, applications
company, or consumer-based marketing organization.
Successful track record of building highly efficient database and support infrastructures,
policies and procedures.
Experience in any of the following required: SalesLogix (preferred) or other CRM systems,
Spreadsheets and other analytic tools and DBMS
Use and understanding of flowcharting and its applications a plus