* Prepares room for dining by clothing tables and setting decorations, condiments, napkins,
service plates, and utensils.
* Protects establishment and patrons by adhering to sanitation, safety, and alcohol beverage
* Helps patrons select food and beverages by presenting menu; offering cocktails and
aperitifs; suggesting courses; explaining the chef's specialties; answering food preparation
* Transmits orders to bar and kitchen by recording patrons' choices; identifying patrons'
special dietary needs and special requests.
* Keeps kitchen staff informed by noting timing of meal progression.
* Serves orders by picking up and delivering patrons' choices from bar and kitchen; delivering
accompaniments and condiments from service bars.
* Responds to additional patron requirements by inquiring of needs; observing dining process.
* Maintains table setting by removing courses as completed; replenishing utensils; refilling
water glasses; being alert to patron spills or other special needs.
* Concludes dining experience by acknowledging choice of restaurant; inviting patrons to
* Obtains revenues by totaling charges; issuing bill; accepting payment; delivering bill and
payment to hostperson; returning change or credit card and signature slip to patrons.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
General Math Skills, Verbal Communication, Customer Service, Resolving Conflict, Teamwork,
Persistence, High-Energy Level, Selling to Customer Needs, Thoroughness, Professionalism,