Conference Producer (Product Manager), Pharmaceutical Strategy Series
The Pharmaceutical Strategy Series (PSS) is a division of Cambridge Healthtech Institute
(www.healthtech.com). The PSS mission is to assist in improving the overall health of the
pharmaceutical industry by producing high-level meetings that bring together leaders,
representing the largest therapeutic companies in the world, to discuss and debate potential
solutions to overcoming the most pressing challenges facing their organizations.
PSS is seeking a Conference Producer to produce and create Executive Forums on key strategic
issues related to challenges in drug discovery and development. The Producer will act as
'product manager' and be responsible for managing a series of Executive Forums targeting mid
and senior management within the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry.
* identifying market opportunities for new executive meetings
* developing agenda and content for each product (executive forum)
* producing each executive forum by identifying and recruiting appropriate speakers via
telephone, email and face-to-face meetings when appropriate
* managing revenues and costs for the business line
* working with marketing to develop a targeted promotional plan, and monitoring the progress
of all marketing efforts
* coordinating with sales to develop a targeted business development and corporate sponsorship
This individual needs to be an entrepreneur at heart. She/he will produce each conference and
executive forum by identifying the most relevant issues to our market, and then recruiting the
best possible speakers worldwide - mainly executives from the pharmaceutical and biotechnology
sectors - who can provide presentations that address these key issues.
The Producer must be a top-notch communicator with exceptional sales skills, with the ability
to effectively attract (sell) senior level managers on the opportunity to participate/speak at
our executive forums. The Producer must also be a terrific project manager who is able to
juggle multiple projects. The position is deadline driven and requires exceptional
relationship management skills both with external and internal parties. Some travel is
* possesses at least four years of conference production and sales or marketing experience
* deadline driven and detailed oriented
* demonstrates the ability to determine marketability of products
* strong communication skills
* MBA and pharmaceutical/biotech experience is a plus but not required.
In summary, the ideal candidate possesses terrific communication skills (both written and
oral), exceptional creativity, a devotion to deadlines and is a strong project manager. To
excel in this position
you must be a self-starter who is undaunted by constant multi-tasking.
Cambridge Healthtech Institute is located at 1037 Chestnut Street, Newton Upper Falls, MA,
02464. Please visit our website for more information: http://www.healthtech.com
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter, salary requirements and resume as
email attachments to: email@example.com
1037 Chestnut St.
Newton Upper Falls, MA 02464