TITLE: Mid-Level IP Litigation Paralegal
1. POSITION OVERVIEW:
Assists attorneys in the practice of law, primarily as it relates to all phases of the IP
litigation process. Conducts factual research, document analysis, drafts documents,
pleadings, and other pertinent materials to prepare a case.
· Coordinates and organizes case files with respect to pending litigation. Retrieves
files, assesses documents. Organizes depositions and exhibits. Drafting of basic pleadings
and conducting factual research via the internet or off-site research libraries. Responsible
for electronic and paper document production and maintenance.
· Retrieves documents from courts, prepares and executes filings with the courts,
including via U.S. District Court electronic filing systems, processes filings received from
· Responsible for case file management to ensure quick and efficient retrieval of
documents and supporting materials throughout this process.
· Completes tasks/projects/other responsibilities as firm needs dictate.
· BA/BS degree preferred
· Minimum 5 years experience as an IP litigation paralegal (or 5 years working as a
paralegal dealing with complex litigation and with an understanding of the IP litigation
4. COMPUTER EXPERIENCE
Microsoft Word, Summation or the equivalent, U.S. District Court electronic filing systems,
Working knowledge of Excel.