Substitute Teacher and/or Paraprofessional
Merrimack Special Education Collaborative (MSEC), an affiliate of the Merrimack Education
Center, seeks individuals looking to work “On Call” as substitute Teachers and/or
Paraeducators. This is an opportunity to gain valuable experience, work a flexible schedule,
as well as the satisfaction that you are making a difference in the lives of others! Apply to
join our fun and energetic team of dedicated education professionals today!
This is the perfect opportunity to explore a career in teaching or for those who are unable to
commit to a full-time position -- whether you're in grad school, caring for family members or
just not interested in 9-5, the flexible schedule can work for almost anyone. Depending on
the program, our school hours vary, ranging between 7:30am-3:30pm.
Interested candidates should send a resume or complete an application found at www.mec.edu.
On your resume/application please note for which programs you would be interested in
We have several long term substitute opportunities as well as one-day assignments. Current
long term assignments are in Pepperell and Billerica.
Substitute Teachers, Vocational Instructors, Job Coaches, and Aides are needed to support
these schools. More information about our schools can be found on our web page.
· Merrimack Middle School, Grades 5 thru 8 – Chelmsford
· Merrimack School 45 day assessment, Grades 6 thru 12 – Chelmsford
· Merrimack Alternative High Schools, Grades 9 thru 12, Chelmsford
· Merrimack Vocational Alternative High School, Grades 9 thru 12, Chelmsford
· Programs for students with Pervasive Developmental Disorder, Preschool thru 8th
grade, locations include Chelmsford, Pepperell, Tyngsboro, Billerica, Tewksbury
· Intensive Special Needs, preschool thru 12th grade, locations include: Tyngsboro,
Pepperell, Billerica, Groton
· Vocational Services, grades 9 thru 12+, Billerica/Chelmsford
· The desire to make a difference in a student’s life
· Demonstrated ability to approach students in a creative and thoughtful manner
Strong commitment to the goals, mission, and philosophy of the organization
Flexibility to meet identified student needs
· Teachers – Bachelors degree
Merrimack Special Education Collaborative
Merrimack Special Education Collaborative (MSEC) is a Massachusetts Department of Education
approved public school entity that is a division of Merrimack Education Center, an Education
Service Agency. MSEC provides high quality academic, therapeutic and vocational services to
individuals referred by local school districts and social service agencies. MSEC also provides
ongoing professional development and training experiences for educators and educational
agencies. Recognizing that the educational environment rapidly changes, MSEC creates, adapts,
and provides flexible programming to address these evolving needs.
Please send resume to: LMustapich@meccorp.mec.edu
Merrimack Education Center, Lisa Mustapich
101 Mill Road
Chelmsford, MA 01824
MEC offers career opportunities for Teachers, Aides, Vocational Instructors, Nurses, Social
Workers, Occupational & Physical Therapists, Speech Language Pathologists, Drivers, and more.
Merrimack Education Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer