· Control the electronic data flow that includes receipts from hospitals and office
practices, outside vendors, and files moving to our billing system.
· Follow up with the appropriate party when problems arise and document issues of
· Analyze “exceptions” data for trends.
· Propose new methods of handling the department workflow more efficiently
· Propose solutions and provide leadership and follow-through in resolving issues.
· Create system of checks and balances that will prevent catastrophic errors in
· Give direct input for setting policies and procedures for the department.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES:
· Manage/Process data Files
Send and retrieve data files
Retrieve and verify files from hospitals
Create services in Unix
Analyze exceptions and suggest corrections
· Manage Flow of Demographic Files
Analyze missing records
Work with hospitals to resolve issues
Backup the Claims and Demographics supervisor
Proficiency in Windows applications such as Word, Excel, Access.
Experience with Modem, FTP and VPN connections extremely helpful.
Medical terminology helpful
Experience with data transactions and/or electronic information systems.
Previous experience with physician billing preferred but not necessary.
· Must possess excellent organizational skills.
· Must possess the self-motivation, creativity, and vision to succeed with minimal
· Ability to utilize Independent thinking and proper judgment in resolving department
concerns and client issues.
· Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal).
· Ability to handle challenging situations and multiple tasks.
· Ability to think analytically
· Ability to grow with a company
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including 401(k), health, Life, LTD
insurance and 529-college tuition investment plan.
Resumes that do not include salary requirements will not be considered.
Candidates should forward a cover letter and copy of their resume via
E-mail in a Word attachment to Rboutilier@affilprof.net or fax to
508-273-1340 and refer to the position opening: EDI Support
Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls please!
Check us out on the web at affilprof.net