· Answer incoming calls.
· Take accurate messages and relay to the appropriate party. Transfer incoming calls to
the appropriate extensions and announce all calls before transferring.
· Document all incoming calls. When necessary provide follow-up to ensure the caller
has had their needs met.
· Handle all calls for corrected reports. Take the correct information and make
appropriate edits into computer. Provide a corrected report to the appropriate physician’s
· Triage and resolves all client related calls.
· Makes correction calls in AM and enters corrections into computer along with
amendments and post sign out edits.
· Creates and documents start up process for new clients.
· Monitor specimen search daily.
· Special requests from clients.
· Monthly tracking and analysis of volumes by client.
· Monthly tracking of internal physician statistics.
· Assist with Newsletters.
· Assist with Cancer Registry for Massachusetts and Maine clients.
· Assist in monitoring return mail and update client dictionary.
· Takes supply requests from clients and relay information to shipping department.
· Work closely with shipping and couriers to ensure client supply requests are
delivered in a timely manner.
· Enter calls to courier on-line system for client specimen pick-up.
· Create courier check-off sheets.
· Monitor on-call courier sheets daily.
· Monitor medical courier database.
Remote Printers – Backup
· Monitor all remote printers including report chute status logs which print daily and
throughout the day. If necessary contact client and triage printer problem over the phone
with them including “pausing” printer and “disabling”.
Consults – Backup
· Upon receipt of consult, prepare for accessioning in a timely manner, with emphasis
on careful matching of slides/blocks with requisitions.
· Special account and technical billing data entry.
· Recording and sending out materials (i.e. double slides, reports) on consult cases.
· Enter outside slides into current “P” cases.
Mailroom/Shipping - Backup
· Packaging and shipping out of client supplies (daily as the requests come in) using
Fedex and UPS, create airbills.
· Keeping track of inventory.
· Daily outgoing mail.
· Packaging slides for Fedex pick up.
· Putting away supplies/packages that are delivered to PSI.
· Make and distribute courier bags for clients.
· Sort all reports for couriers and for mail.
Other Related Duties:
· Assist in ordering and inventory for client supplies and transport material provided
· Communicates client related issues to Sales Department as appropriate as well as
supporting the efforts of the Account Manager and staff.
· Assist Sales in generating Co-Path reports for clients and various PSI managers.
· Assist Sales with follow up leads at trade shows.
· Ordering and inventory of PSI marketing materials.
· Assist with any related job needs not outlined above at the request of the Sales
Excellent phone voice/attitude, medical terminology and the ability to complete multiple tasks
at various times. Exceptional computer skills a must.