The Director of Education Services is responsible for the implementation of all educational
K-16 services in operation or in development at WGBY. This position reports to the General
Manager and supervises employees and volunteers working on education projects. The Director
of Education Services is responsible for communicating and behaving in a way that supports
diversity and equality among coworkers and colleagues.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Responsible for the implementation of all Education Services, including but not
limited to, the WGBY Center for Instructional Technologies, Ready to Learn, Education Services
web page and content.
· Serves as the Project Director for major education services initiatives.
· Builds relationships and partnerships with other instructional technology
specialists, teachers and school administrators in the region and provides assistance,
guidance and training to teachers using instructional technologies.
· Designs, promotes and delivers the professional development workshops in the
classroom at the CIT and at school and conference sites.
· Assists in the maintenance of the computer lab equipment.
· Reviews and proposes software and hardware relevant to current and future classroom
curricula and stays abreast of current classroom technology applications.
· May serve as the WGBY representative on national and local advisory committees.
· With the Director of Education Development, responsible for the funding, marketing
and implementation of all education services initiatives.
· Responsible for researching, designing, implementing and tracking grant opportunities
for WGBY educational projects.
· Responsible for initiating innovative, fundable local educational projects.
· Responsible for developing and maintaining working relationships with the educational
community of the region including school administrators, teachers, and consortiums.
· Provides direction and leadership in such a way as to nurture, create and maintain an
environment that is (1) free from discrimination, intolerance and harassment and (2) provides
employees with equal access to opportunities for growth and advancement including professional
development whenever possible
· Participates in the recruitment, hiring and training of Department staff.
· Responsible for managing Education Services Department budgets.
· Other reasonable related duties as assigned by the VP and General Manager.
· Masters degree and a minimum of five years of administrative skills in education and
technology, including supervisory skills.
· Must have a working knowledge of instructional technologies and experience with
hardware and software systems and issues.
· Must have strong verbal and written communication skills and grant writing skills.
· Must be able to supervise and/or handle multiple tasks at the same time. Must be well
organized and be able to set priorities for self and those supervised.
· Must have strong oral, written, public speaking and people skills.
· Knowledge of and interest in public television mission a plus.
· Understanding of New England education priorities a plus.
· Fundraising and marketing skills are helpful.
WGBY TV is an EOE.