We are currently seeking an experienced Facilities person with AutoCAD experience to join the
Facilities team at the Corporate office in West Sacramento, California. Raley's offers an
outstanding benefit plan, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as a
401K w/company match, tuition reimburse and company pension plan.
Raley's conducts a post-offer drug and background screening on all candidates. Raley's is
proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please visit www.raleys.com for more information about Raley's and to apply on-line.
SUMMARY: Under general supervision, to provide comprehensive drafting work by developing
computer assisted drafting (CAD) floor plans and schematics for use in construction documents
and building refrigeration systems. Employees in this job classification provide support for
facilities, merchandisers and store operations. This job classification requires working
knowledge of AutoCAD and associated computer programs, construction plans, regulatory and
other building requirements and the ability to provide technical service within established
timelines and guidelines.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. *Draws computer assisted plans, to scale, for stores and building details,
according to specifications. Provides layouts as requested for construction, fabrication, and
installation of equipment, structures, components and systems as well as possible
alternatives. Considers building code requirements, past experience and design practice.
2. *Coordinates work with architects and engineers during site development, schematics
and construction documents.
3. *Develops the store merchandising plans in coordination with category managers,
merchandisers, directors and department supervisors.
4. *Completes field verification of existing stores for input into CAD drawing.
5. *Maintains and organizes archived files of plans and documents.
6. *Retrieves information, such as current product data from case/equipment
manufactures and maintains associated databases.
7. Coordinates design details with outside design consultants and others by discussing
layouts, formats and other details.
8. Assists the Construction Project Manager with the Permit Application Process.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
· Any combination of education, training and experience equivalent to a High School
Diploma or G.E.D and three (3) years experience in AutoCAD, preferably in construction,
engineering, or architecture. Some college-level courses preferred in construction and
· Experience in coordinating multi-disciplines is preferred.
· Ability to read and interpret construction plans; ability to assimilate
information into a floor plan and produce construction documents.
· Ability to apply the principles, methods and techniques of drafting.
· Knowledge of design techniques, tools and principles involved in production of
technical plans, blueprints, drawings and models.
· Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics and their
application to solve problems.
· Ability to operate a computer and associated programs to include AutoCAD and
· Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of
alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
· Ability to think creatively or create new applications, ideas, relationships,
systems or products.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
· Demonstrated ability in attention to detail; ability to meet timelines, customer
service, prioritization and organizational skills