If you are looking to develop your career working with other highly-committed people in a
diverse, dynamic, professional environment, we invite you to consider Morrison & Foerster.
We are currently looking for a Legal Document Specialist to join our team.
1. Accepts and assumes responsibility for timely and accurate production of assigned word
processing tasks in the form of dictated tapes, hand drafts, faxes, or typed drafts from
attorneys, legal assistants, supervisors to whom assigned.
2. Inputs new documents, cleans up scanned documents and revises draft documents according to
Morrison & Foerster and legal formats for document production, using computer-based word
3. Inputs data entry for file projects using appropriate word processing software. Creates
documents from masters as appropriate.
4. Works with a range of non-Mofo documents including PDF files, faxes, scanned documents, as
well as documents on CD’s from outside the firm. Is able to determine the most efficient
means of revision.
5. Keeps Lead Patent Secretary informed of status of projects, including the need for
assistance, if any, or availability to offer assistance to other staff in meeting originator's
6. Provides feedback to document originators and Lead Patent Secretary regarding status of
document, including notifying originator in a timely manner if indicated deadlines cannot be
7. Returns completed documents to originator after printing, proofing, etc. as appropriate;
may coordinate special production requirements with in-house copy/fax service.
8. Maintains records of elapsed time and pages for billing and statistical purposes and
submits billing detail in a timely manner.
9. Understands how to use office word processing equipment and can troubleshoot routine
hardware and software problems.
10. Refers special problems, requests, conflicts and priority requests to the Lead Patent
Secretary. Engages supervisor to resolve special problems and conflict and priority reports
that are difficult to resolve.
11. Responsible for adhering to the firm's General Safety Practices and any unique safety
practices for the department.
The Secretarial Service Department exists to provide service. Every employee is expected to
deal courteously, responsibly and competently with customers, including staff, attorneys,
clients, firm managers and vendors. All Secretarial Service employees are expected to
demonstrate behavior consistent with Morrison & Foerster’s commitment to high quality service.
The quality of an employees’ service is an important consideration in assessing overall job
1. Previous legal word processing experience, including use of styles and templates
2. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word required.
3. Typing speed 75 words per minute or more preferred.
4. Ability to work under pressure with little or no supervision, prioritize documents and
maintain flexibility regarding work assignments.
5. Ability to work effectively with others required.
6. Excellent communication skills.
7. Availability to work overtime.
We offer a competitive compensation/benefits package and a great work environment. Visit our
careers page at www.mofo.com for more info. Please e-mail your resume with salary requirements
to email@example.com or fax to (858) 720-5125.
Morrison & Foerster LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.