Covansys has the people, the processes and the passion to succeed.
Do you have the technical expertise and passion to succeed? Are you ready to work for a
company that will allow you to grow and use your skills to meet the unique challenges of the
fast-changing technology world?
If you answered yes, Covansys may be the place for you!
Covansys, a leading global IT consulting firm, is looking for talented people who understand
the technology challenges facing enterprises today. It takes a unique team of people coupled
with a company with experience and vision to help clients navigate the ever-changing
Since its inception in 1985, Covansys has rooted itself in high-quality software development
principles and an unwavering commitment to delivery. These twin strengths enable Covansys to
adapt smoothly to the rapid evolution of technology while maintaining constant focus on the
changing business needs of our clients.
When you become a member of our global team of more than 4,800 professionals, you'll have the
opportunity to fast track your career by leveraging the experience, the vision, and the
worldwide scope of a rapidly growing technology services company.
Do you have the passion to succeed?
We currently have an opening for a Senior Data Architect the Irwindale,CA in area with the
following required Skill-Set:
:- Senior Data Architect
Job Description & Scope Of Work:
The Data Architect has both strategic and tactical responsibility for developing and
maintaining the Logical and Physical Data Models for data warehouse and application
This responsibility includes the identification of data most valuable to the corporation, the
integration of this data, and the development of correlating data model.
The logical and physical data models will be based on the application of design principles and
Essential Skills :
Responsibilities also include:
• Work closely with Business Requirements Analyst to understand and document business needs
for decision support data
• In concert with the Business Requirements Analyst, identify and analyze appropriate sources
of data warehouse data
• Design the Business Logical Data Model (BLM)
• Develop the Logical Data Model and the subsequent Physical Data Model
• Communicate the physical data base design to the Data Base Administrator for implementation
• Resolve subsequent issues and make modifications to ensure ongoing correlation between data
models and physical data base structure
• Document the process and the data in the data warehouse or application database
• Work with the Meta Data Architect to ensure common definitions and integrated implementation
of the meta data repository
• Team lead and mentor to develop junior skills
• Assist in the development of project estimates and project plans
• Assist in the development of project proposal responses and developing standard processes
The logical and subsequent physical data models serve as the blueprint for organizing the
structure and content of data in the data warehouse. Data modeling can be tailored to fit the
specific needs of the enterprise. For example, a generic data model may be customized to
accommodate data warehouse requirements or a new data model may need to be developed. This
activity involves working closely with the business analysts to determine their needs so the
data model can be designed accordingly.
Specific skills and attributes for this position include:
• Strong conceptualization skills
• Strong communication skills
• Strong technical skills
• Capacity to develop a clear understanding of the business needs and incorporate these needs
into technical solutions
• Skilled in data modeling theory and application
• Skilled in database design in an symmetric multi-processing (SMP) environment
• Skilled in database design in a very large data base (VLDB) environment
• Proactive and able to assume significant responsibility
Join the Covansys team
Our employees are our most important resource. Therefore we offer an extremely competitive
compensation package which includes company-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; company
matching 401K; an employee stock purchase plan; education assistance; company-paid life and
disability insurance; and paid vacation.
For more information, visit our website at www.covansys.com or contact our recruiter listed
Covansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or
any other classification protected by Federal, State or local law.