The major responsibility of this position is to research and document problems identified by
the business units at ASA and its clients. The Business Analyst I may be the primary liaison
between the business unit and Systems Analysis on projects and enhancements.
1. Performs necessary evaluation of reported business problems.
2. Performs necessary evaluation of enhancements requested by the business units.
3. Uses designated software tools and ASA defined processes or procedures to perform
4. Meets and works with the business sponsors, business users, development staff, QA staff and
others as necessary to clarify the business requirements.
5. Prepares accurate, comprehensive and concise documentation explaining the problem
identified by the business. Documents the existing business process, the proposed business
process and the proposed scope of the enhancement project in a logical format to facilitate
the development of the functional specification for the business problem or enhancement.
6. Assist in the creation and analysis of flowcharts and/or diagrams of the business solution
or system enhancement.
7. Coordinate changes to business requirement that occur during development and updates
requirements documentation as required.
Education & Experience:
1. Associates degree is required. Bachelors degree is preferred. Will consider equivalent work
2. 2-4 years experience of business process flow analysis on software development projects in
analysis role in a financial services setting.
3. Experience with documented software development methodology and understanding of all stages
of the software development life cycle.
4. Excellent writing skills.
5. Experience interacting with the business community.
6. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
7. Experience with working in a team environment.