JOB TITLE: Payroll and Accounts Payable Accountant.
DEPARTMENT: Finance Office
Responsible for Processing and Maintaining Payroll and all aspects of Accounts Payable.
The characteristic responsibilities include, but are not limited to those outline below:
· Process, Verify and Adjust information from the Kronos Timekeeper System.
Provide a printout to the Managers on a weekly basis.
· Process Payroll and print checks using the accounting System.
· Prepare withholding tax summaries and check requests each pay date and
monthly. Print all necessary information for tax purposes, monthly, quarterly and at the end
of year including W-2's.
· Process employee earning verification and other requests in a timely
· Maintain accounts payable and its filing system.
· Process invoices by matching invoices to purchase orders, assign GL..
numbers, check for math errors etc. Input invoices into A/P module and perform check
· Record and reconcile all credits, manual checks, void checks, and other
adjustments. Report all proposed adjustments, void checks, and manual checks to the Staff
· Review all vender statements on a monthly basis, and make sure all
invoices are paid or processed in the month the expense was incurred.
· Assist in the preparation of Audit Schedules.
· Perform other duties and assume responsibilities as requested by
· Regular working hours are 8:30am - 5:00pm
· Minimum of 40 hours per week or whatever is required for efficient
· Classified EXEMPT and is not eligible for overtime pay under Fair Labor
MINIMUM ENTRY QUALIFICATION
· Associate or Bachelors Degree with a Major in Accounting or Business.
· Data entry and typing skills.
· Must be able to communicate effectively with others, particularly the
elderly and general public. Be tactful and yet remain assertive.
· Reports directly to the Supervisor and Finance Director
· Interacts with general public, Resident and their families
· Communicate with various public, private, government agencies and all
levels of employees.