* Researches law sources by identifying applicable statutes, judicial decisions, and codes;
initiating patent and trademark searches.
* Compiles evidence and supporting information by searching records, discovery documents,
transcripts, libraries, and databases; interviewing clients, third parties, and expert
* Prepares legal documents for attorney's approval and use by identifying forms and formats;
producing text; proofreading; maintaining document control system.
* Begins legal actions by arranging for notice and subpoena service.
* Oversees cases by managing files and documents; coordinating with support services and
clients, opposing law firms, and courts; managing court docket calendar; expediting paper
flow; maintaining schedules and deadlines; generating status reports, logs, and indexes;
processing settlement papers and payments.
* Prepares for trial by preparing trial notebooks, exhibits, and witness files; obtaining jury
list and background information; preparing questions for jury selection.
* Prepares witnesses by detailing background information; interviewing witnesses; preparing
interview summaries and statements.
* Composes legal abstracts by summarizing deposition, arbitration, hearing, trial, and other
* Drafts appeals by researching legal basis for appeal.
* Maintains database by organizing document control; designing retrieval systems; summarizing,
coding, and storing documents; updating system.
* Completes real and personal property transactions by inventorying and appraising assets;
arranging sales; establishing payment mechanisms.
* Maintains law library by receiving and updating law service reporting systems.
* Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Legal Compliance, Research Skills, Analyzing Information, Dealing with Complexity,
Administrative Writing Skills, Reporting Skills, Telephone Skills, Multi-tasking,
Organization, Legal Administration Skills, Client Relationships