John Snow, Inc. (JSI), a worldwide public health consulting firm, is recruiting for a
Programmer/Analyst. The Programmer/Analyst will support JSI's work in improving public health
throughout the world by assisting in the design, development, testing, documentation, and
Oracle and SQL Server.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Working closely with users to develop specifications for development work including feature
list, business rules and user interface.
- Working closely with tester(s) to develop test plans for modules and applications.
- Developing, testing, and maintaining Coldfusion and ASP based websites, using Coldfusion,
- Preparing technical documentation for developed modules.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Applicants for this position should possess, at a minimum, the following qualifications:
- Experience in all phases of a software development project from requirements analysis
through development and rollout.
- Two years of experience in designing and developing Coldfusion based applications,
preferably with Oracle database as the back-end.
- One year of experience in designing and developing web-based applications using ASP based
applications, preferably with SQL server as the back-end.
- Formal training in database design, structured programming, user interface design, UML, XML
and related technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal English skills.
- A proven ability to work as part of a team and to be self-managing.
This is a full-time position based in Arlington, VA. JSI offers excellent benefits. Salary
requirement should be included with application.