Business Development Manager
The Business Development Manager will report to the Director of Sales and provide ownership in
the overall Sales processes from beginning to end
· Identify and qualify new clients; develop and maintain strong relationships
· Provide input and direction on market development
· Present a summary of the company’s expertise and value proposition; schedule follow
up conversations with the CTO/ Sr. Technical Architects, as needed
· Maintain regular contact with existing client managers
· Handle all account management responsibilities for existing clients; understand any
issues and provide timely resolutions, as needed
· Drive regular conversations with technical delivery team; understand any issues and
provide timely resolutions, as needed
· Facilitate conflict management, if needed
· Ensure timely invoicing and account receivables from clients
· Assist with RFI/RFP process at various clients – leverage help from Sr. Technical
resources in submitting proposals
· Provide regular status reports to upper management and ensure proper communication
across all channels
· Assist with special projects & miscellaneous activities as assigned by upper
Masters degree in Business Administration
Self Starter + Solid understanding of the fundamentals of sales, preferably in a software
At least 3 years experience in selling professional services to Fortune 500 clients is
Knowledge of consulting in business intelligence and data warehousing preferred, but not
Top-notch oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate with C-level client
managers and internal stakeholders
Understanding of change management and organization development principles
Excellent influencing & consensus management skills necessary
Confidentiality and ability to communicate with people at all levels
Ability to be a self-starter and tackle various projects with different priorities
Familiarity with Microsoft Office Applications
Ability to travel up to 25%
We will consider fresh MBAs with strong interest in sales for part-time or full-time
internship positions with a view to converting into a full time position in the next 3-6
months based on performance.
Compact Solutions is a software consulting company specializing in large scale data
integration solutions using parallel processing technologies such as Ab Initio. We are
recognized as one the leaders in High Performance data warehousing in the US.
Compact’s work environment is characterized by world class problem solving, being the best in
our field, team work, and reward for innovation and creativity. We invest heavily in mentoring
our people and helping them to grow to their fullest potential.
Compact is based in Oak Park, Illinois but our clients are located throughout the country.
This position is based in our Oak Park, Illinois office. Relocation is not offered for this
position. Hence local candidates only need apply.
Competitive salaries and benefits
Flexible, energetic, informal work environment where excellence is recognized, encouraged, and
Work with a growing company that is recognized as a leader in its field
Work with some of the smartest and nicest people in the IT industry
Our compensation package includes, base salary, performance based annual bonus, vacation,
retirement plan, medical and dental insurance.
If interested, please send your resume with a cover letter stating your salary history and
requirement to Sales@compactsolutionsllc.com for immediate consideration.