Review and analyze underwriting data in order to determine if risks meet corporate
underwriting standards. Calculate appropriate premium for acceptable risks or respond to
agents when standards are not met. Provide customer service to existing accounts.
• Assist in developing annual business plan and analyze and evaluate results for assigned
• Keep abreast of market trends, competition philosophy, products and distributions systems.
• Analyze and authorize risk and pricing on new business.
• Sell and promote company products and programs to assigned producers.
• Review and evaluate profit, volume, and service results for assigned producers.
• Attain premium, loss ratio, QAP and service goals as assigned.
• 5 years experience in underwriting casualty accounts (Multi-line Underwriting Skills
• Excellent problem solving/decision making skills with the ability to influence others.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Solid customer service and relationship building skills.
• A proven team player with a drive to succeed.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to develop new business relationships.
• Proficiency in Microsoft software applications.
• College degree or equivalent preferred.