Scope of Position:
The RF Engineer is responsible for the design and optimization of new and existing cellular
facilities as well as in-building DAS design. Solicits input from Sales, and Customer Care
while working with Network Operations to achieve this goal.
· New Cell Design as well as in-building DAS Design and Selection: Identify and
justify sites, issue SARF's, assist with site selection and acquisition, engineer RF design
(coverage, capacity, frequency planning and interference), budget analysis and coordinate and
review site integration process.
· RF Performance Assessment: Review drive test data (MOS, BER, Call-in Process, C/I,
Adjacent Channel#.) as well as network operational measures, and prioritize trouble areas.
· Frequency and Extension coordination: Coordinate and analyze incoming/outgoing
frequency plans and extension agreements with neighboring carriers.
· Modification Design: Design and implement system changes (antenna selections,
software/hardware parameter changes, and other cell site equipment), which improve or sustain
quality performance of the network in a timely and effective fashion. Develop design
modification options and recommend solutions. Also, provide support and coordination of
projects with Network Operations and Network Engineering.
· 2 - 4 years experience in cellular design and optimization experience, Networking
and Network Operations experience in RF Engineering is desired