Telephonic Nurse Case Manager, (Bilingual - Cantonese/English or Russian/English), Manhattan,
NY, for a continuum of care dedicated to the geriatric population through proactive programs,
education, and care. Supportive team in a positive work environment with ample room for
Under the direction of the Team Supervisor, incumbent plans and coordinates care management
for participants. Works in collaboration with Team Social Worker, Service Coordinator,
Assessment RN and other members of the Care Management team to monitor effectiveness of the
care plan and to promote participant/ care giver satisfaction with services.
· Participates in case management of participant care.
· Communicates with enrollment personnel to ensure smooth transition at start of care.
· Maintains ongoing telephonic communication with participants and care givers.
· Collaborates with physicians, home visiting personnel and other Care Managers.
· Educates participants and families in re: health management and community resources.
· Recommends changes in the care plan based upon reported findings.
· Manages resources (transportation, home care, vendor services, DME, Supplies,
nutrition, etc) to most effectively meet individual needs of participants.
· Serves as a liaison between the participant and the Care Management Team.
· Participates in the Surveillance, Prevention, and Control of Infection.
· Participates in Quality Improvement efforts within the organization.
· New York State Licensed Registered Nurse with a minimum of 2 years long term or acute
care experience preferred.
· Experience with Geriatric population.
· Bilingual (Cantonese or Russian) required.
Competitive Salaries and Compreshensive Benefits