The Technical Consultant (TC) participates on implementation teams delivering Windchill-based
product development business solutions to complex customer requirements.
Skills and Experience:
The IC should be knowledgeable in the execution of assigned project tasks including
installation and configuration of Windchill software, Windchill customization, GUI
development, testing, debugging, data migration, system software, communications components,
middleware, development tools and deployment support. In addition, person should have a deep
understanding of OO programming languages (Java preferred), knowledge of relational database
systems, expert in web technologies. Excellent written and oral communications is a must as
the IC participates in the design and documentation of technical architecture and produces
written specifications (ie: Systems Description Documents and Use Case Documents) to capture
business process requirements for Windchill solutions. Additional, a significant amount of
time is spent working with the customer in developing the best approaches to use the Windchill
system to accomplish their product development tasks.
· Participates in all phases of implementation projects.
· Installs and configures and customizes PTC software.
· Installs and configures requisite third party software as applicable to the client
· Supports production of written specifications (i.e. System Description Documents and Use
Case Documents) to capture business process requirements for PTC solutions.
· Analyzes requirements and contributes to the design of PTC Solutions to complex customer
· Assists with research on implementation projects.
· Demonstrates technical/customization skills, e.g. Info*Engine, Java, HTML, XML, SQL, and
· Documents tasks and results as assigned.
· Supports case study development and provides lessons learned feedback.
· Develops multi-level relationships with customers and participates in cross-functional
design teams to understand the current business process design and the technical framework the
project is embedded in, identify problems, complexities other technical design factors.
· Contribute to the organizations intellectual property and assets through documentation of
leading practices, example work products, methods development and sales collateral.
· Promote the corporate mission, vision and values in order to maintain quality,
professionalism and team spirit amongst all stakeholders.
· And any other duties as assigned
· Masters or Bachelors Degree, preferably in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, or similar
· Availability for a consistently high rate (75%) of overnight travel
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org