Controller for Pre IPO Medical Device Manufacturer
Our client a Greater Boston medical device company is one of the fastest growing manufacturers
in New England. This growth has created a need for a first time Controller who will report to
the CFO. The Controller administers all facets of payroll, accounts payable, accounts
receivable and financial reporting, as well as auditing expenses and executing special
projects as needed by the CFO. Specific responsibilities include the following:
• Hire and build accounting staff as needed
• Prepare the month end and year end financial statements
W/appropriate analysis and detail
• Analyze the financial statement accounts to identify problem areas, unusual trends and
• Assist the CFO with preparation and maintenance of the financial planning system
• Manage technical accounting issues.
• Help establish process improvements and controls.
• Build and establish a financial policies and procedures manual
• Manage the tax planning and filling of all returns
• Assist the financial audit.
• Assist the CFO on the preparation of the quarterly Board Package
• Assist the CFO/CEO with special projects as needed
• Assist CFO on taking the company public.
§ Degree in accounting, finance or related field.
§ CPA certification preferred
§ 5+ years accounting experience, including public accounting
§ Experience with Great Plains would be a strong advantage
§ Knowledge of GAAP, SEC reporting and FASB requirements
§ Experience Sarbanes-Oxley compliance will be a plus
Salary range is from $90,000 to $110,000 per year depending on experience plus pre-IPO stock
For immediate interview please call:
Dennis M. Corvi, CPA
Nesco Accounting and Finance
3 Newton Executive Park
Newton, MA 02462
617 559 9900 x 225 phone
617 559 0400 fax
Nesco Accounting and Finance, locally run by Dennis Corvi has joined with Fenway Consulting
Group, led by Brian Cuddy, Bill Griffiths and Ed Blackburn to create an association that can
provide Retained and Contingent Search, Temporary and Consulting Services. Backed by Nesco,
Inc. one of the most successful and largest privately held companies in the United States.