PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.ALLIEDINSURANCE.COM (CAREER OPPORTUNITIES, CURRENT OPENINGS) TO
APPLY DIRECTLY ON-LINE FOR THIS POSITION. SEARCH FOR REQ# 5517.
This is a Material (Auto) Damage Director position.
Communicate and drive claims performance for a unit within a particular line of business. May
handle one or a combination of the following lines of business within a geographic territory:
property damage/Blue Ribbon, material damage, casualty/bodily injury, exess/surplus,
farm/agribusiness. Drive compliance issues. Manage balance between ALAE, loss cost and
customer satisfaction. The above statements cover what are generally believed to be principal
and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people
assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
Reports to the Claims Officer.
Responsible for technical claims operations in a specialty. Directly manages Claims Managers.
Total responsibility for approximately 100 claims representatives.
Summary of Job Requirements:
1. Typically eight years in a field technical claims operations including at least four years
in claims management. Home office claims staff or consulting experience preferred. Bachelor's
degree or post-graduate studies strongly preferred. Relevant professional designations or
claims-specific certifications desirable.
2. Requires a strong knowledge of at least one line of business (property damage/Blue Ribbon,
material damage, casualty/bodily injury, exess/surplus, farm/agribusiness), technical claims
operations, procedures and claims performance strategies, day-to-day claims operations, as
well as Claims Best Practices. Also requires working knowledge of state operations and
cross-functional initiatives. Prefer familiarity with other lines of business.
3. Demonstrated decision-making skills, including the ability to recognize, analyze and
improve claims performance situations such as loss control, LAE, customer satisfaction,
employee development and morale.
4. Responsible for managing the claims processes consistently within a lines of business and
geographic location. Coordinates efforts with other claims functions such as ACE, medical,
claims legal, subrogation, SIU, service centers, claims technical and claims staff support.
5. Directs the responses to complaints; communicates complaint trends and creates action plans
to solve claims adjusting problems. Provides input to Best Practices process for long-term
solution to problems. Ensures customer satisfaction.
6. In conjunction with Claims Directors for other lines of business and other state management
in sales and underwriting, coordinates cross-claims and cross-functional issues. Manages select
7. Responsible for the management of associates including: performance management, salary
planning and administration, training and development, workflow planning, hiring and
placement, and disciplinary actions.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Credit Check: Due to the fiduciary accountabilities within this job, a valid credit check
and/or background check will be required as part of the selection process.