Senior Mechanical Engineer
The individual in this role will design major components of a system and lay out complex
electromechanical equipment and mechanisms in accordance with overall configurations and
specifications from engineers. This individual will also work on new product design and
modifications to existing designs. The person filling this role will work with our
Manufacturing Engineering Department to insure that designs are optimized using DFMA.
Candidates should be able to layout and detail mechanical designs and documentation of
subsystems and subassemblies. Additional responsibilities included:
Investigate pertinent design factors such as ease of manufacture, availability of materials,
Interchangeability, Strength-weight efficiency, contractual specification and cost.
Check completed layouts and drawings for clarity, completeness and conformity to standard
procedures and practices.
· Confer with engineers on design problems and recommend design process and procedure
· Recommend materials and components for inclusion in design specifications based on
past experience and on catalogue reference data
· Candidates must have a strong understanding of preparing sub-system and detail
drawings /models applying large CAD Model assembly management skills.
· This individual will work with our Manufacturing Engineering depart to insure designs
are optimized using DFMA.
· Knowledge of ANSI 14.5 Drafting and Document standards, and geometric dimensioning
and tolerancing required.
· Minimum of 10 years machine designs and CAD experience required in an industrial
environment, preferably including automatic machine and capital equipment design, conveyor
systems and sheet metal as well as familiarity with machining and sheet metal forming and
· Training, experience, and proficiency in the use of solid modeling CAD systems for
machine design is required, with 6 or more years experience using Pro-Engineer and familiarity
with MANMAN or similar production control software strongly preferred.
· 10 years of related experience in mechanical design
Vocational / technical education with courses in drafting and mechanical design, or equivalent
training, and Associates Degree