Description: Experienced spacecraft systems engineer (mid-career to chief engineer level) to
support requirements definition and overall “cradle-to-grave” systems engineering for
spacecraft and space hardware technology development programs. You will support a small and
energetic multidisciplinary integrated product team in the design, development, integration,
test, launch, and mission operations for science focused spaceflight missions and similar
projects. This is a growth position, with leadership responsibility, also supporting
Sequoia’s business development objectives. Compensation includes a competitive salary
commensurate with experience, and a comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision,
retirement plan, and stock purchase plan).
· B.S. Degree or higher in mechanical, electrical, or aerospace engineering and 4+
years of experience in spacecraft systems engineering, or a combination of experience as a
lead engineer for two or more major spacecraft subsystems
· Full spacecraft development life-cycle experience (design, manufacturing,
integration, launch, and flight).
· In-depth knowledge in requirements flow and traceability
· Experience preparing requirements documents, specifications, and interface control
· Working knowledge and understanding of major spacecraft subsystems, including RF
communications, attitude determination and control, power, flight software, avionics, and
· Experience in establishing procedures for and maintaining systems budgets (mass,
power, pointing, etc.)
· Understanding of spacecraft launch and on-orbit environments.
· Ability to work independently and with a minimum of supervision to complete
challenging tasks on budget and within schedule constraints.
· Knowledge of configuration management practices, especially for flight hardware.
· U.S. Citizenship and possess (or ability to obtain) a U.S. Government Security
Experience items below are helpful, but not required to apply for the position:
· Experience using DOORS or similar software packages in support of requirements
· Understanding of the space radiation environment, and its impact on space
electronics design. Experience estimating radiation environment is a plus.
· Spacecraft integration and test experience, establishing test requirements, and
reviewing test data.
· Knowledge of space hardware qualification testing practices and standards.
· Experience with launch vehicle integration and launch site operations
· Experience in writing proposals, especially for Small Business Innovative Research
· Experienced in performing orbit and mission analyses (with STK or other tools).
· Understanding of mission operations. Actual space mission operations experience a
plus. Experience preparing a concept of operations, mission sequence of events, and mission
Note: Any applicant will need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified
To apply, email your resume to email@example.com ,
with the subject 06-001.
Sequoia Technologies is a rapidly growing small company that was built on manufacturing of
high precision motion control systems for DoD Space and commercial applications. We have
successfully commercialized space technology based on Small Business Innovation Research
(SBIR) contracts ( http://www.mda.mil/mdalink/pdf/54_sum05.pdf).
Our newest division, the Space Systems Group located in Albuquerque, NM provides Systems
Engineering, Integration & Test, Project Management, Mission Operations, Launch Vehicle
Integration, Launch Operations, and Mission Operations services to DoD and Commercial Space