The position is to develop C++ applications for radar image analysis. Applications use an
in-house framework that provides basic functionality commonly used for image analysis, and it
also provides the mechanism for parallelization. Applications run on a variety of platforms,
with a Linux cluster as the primary target. The developer will implement new algorithms in
the framework and develop applications that make use of new and existing algorithms. New
algorithms will be provided to the developer in the form of a conceptual idea, a mathematical
description, and MatLab code. From this starting point, the developer will design and
implement the algorithm in C++, as well as perform thorough unit testing. The developer will
follow the specified level of process which is set on a project by project basis.
1. Must be proficient at C++ - this is the primary qualification.
2. Must be proficient with the Standard Template Library.
3. Must be proficient with Object Oriented design patterns.
4. Must be proficient with generic programming.
5. Must be proficient with template meta-programming.
6. Must be proficient with distributed, multithreaded programming.
7. Must have experience developing for Linux/Unix operating systems.
8. Must have several years of work experience.
9. Preferably have experience with MPI.
10. Preferably have experience with databases.
11. Preferably have experience with XML.
12. Preferably have experience implementing algorithms in C++.
13. Preferably have experience developing high-performance software.
14. Preferably familiar with Boost.
15. Ideally have experience in the field of radar image analysis or similar field.
16. Ideally have experience with MatLab.
17. Ideally have java experience.
18. Ideally have Linux administrative skills.