Pharmavite is a leading and growing US manufacturer, marketer, and retailer of quality
vitamins, mineral and herbal supplements both domestically and internationally with a strong
portfolio of brands such as Nature Made, Nature's Resource, SAM-e, and Olay. With over 30
years as a major force in the nutritional supplement business, Pharmavite was built on the
premise of producing the highest quality nutritional products in the country and operates one
of the most sophisticated, state-of-the art research and development facilities in the
We currently are seeking a Chemist II. This position will be based in San Fernando, CA.
As Chemist II, you will be responsible for:
· Performs complex assay on raw materials, in process materials and finished products
to verify identity, strength and purity.
· Documents all data collected during testing and evaluates it for completeness and
accuracy; within specified parameters makes reject/release decisions based upon interpretation
of test results. Receives technology transfer of new methods from analytical scientists and
completes validation testing.
· Assists Analytical Scientists in method development.
· Troubleshoots laboratory equipments. Performs repairs or obtains appropriate outside
· Completes stability testing reports data in standardized format.
· Updates existing methods or control records to meet current compendia requirements
· Offers guidance and training to less experienced chemists as required.
· Performs other related duties as assigned
Requires a four year college or university degree or its equivalent in Chemistry, Biology or
related science. Advanced degree a plus.
Requires two to five years related experience in a manufacturing environment.
· Competent knowledge of chemistry practice and theory including methods validation
and use of laboratory equipment such as HPLC, gas chromatograph, ICP, UVA, FTIR and computer
control dissolution tester
Exposure to disagreeable elements is limited.
The incumbent must be able to perform this job safely in accordance with standard operating
procedures and good manufacturing practices, without endangering the health or safety of self
Interested candidates are asked to submit your resume with salary requirements
Or by Fax: (818) 837-1683
As a member of the Pharmavite team, employees enjoy competitive salaries and an exceptional
benefits package featuring medical, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, and long term
disability coverage. In addition, employees enjoy educational assistance, credit union
membership, substantial discounts on our products, 11 paid holidays per year.
Pharmavite is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
Visit our Product Web Sites:
Visit our Corporate Web Site: