Shopzilla, formerly BizRate.com, is a leading shopping search engine on the Web. With an index
of over 30 million products from more than 50,000 stores, gathered, organized and presented
using all proprietary leading-edge technology, Shopzilla provides consumers the best way to
find virtually anything for sale, anywhere, and at the best price. In addition to our flagship
site (http://www.shopzilla.com), Shopzilla also powers shopping search for many of the Web's
largest consumer sites including AOL, Lycos, Time Warner's RoadRunner, and many others.
At Shopzilla, our goal is to build the greatest shopping service ever conceived by mankind. To
that end, we strive very hard to hire the smartest people. We’re an environment where great
ideas shape our vision and true passion drives us to the best solutions to the most
challenging problems at the intersection of shopping and search.
If that sounds like something you'd like to be involved in, please read on.
As our Sr. Software Engineer, you will:
Review and provide input into Architecture
Design and Document implementation details from Architecture
Participate in the implementation of product
Participate in Testing design and Code Reviews
Provide mentoring to Junior programmers
Reverse engineer legacy code
Your qualifications include:
· 6+ years Software Development experience
· 5+ years Java development experience in a production environment
· 2+ years Senior role in development experience
· Experience developing using OOD/OOA/OOP in a large scale production environment
· Experience with CVS, Ant, Junit, Regular Expressions, Networking protocols, various
file formats (e.g. XML, CSV, RDBMS (Preferred Sybase) and various Unix utilities (e.g. grep,
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Self-motivated with a strong desire for constant improvement, knowledge expansion
and commitment to quality
· B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Shopzilla offers great benefits including medical, dental and vision plans, life insurance,
401(k) plan, flexible spending account, generous vacation benefits -- and we even provide FREE
catered lunch every single day!
So, if you are the super-star type -- the one all look to as the smartest in your area of
expertise -- love challenging yourself, and are searching for a place to work where people
care, your ideas matter and you can make a real difference to helping millions of consumers,
then we need to talk.
Shopzilla is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Sr. Software Engineer
CVS, Ant, Junit, Regular Expressions, Networking protocols
XML, CSV, RDBMS (Preferred Sybase) and various Unix utilities (e.g. grep, awk, etc)