Elsevier is building on more than 100 years of publishing excellence. The unchallenged global
market leader in electronic and print dissemination of scientific, technical and medical
information, we annually publish thousands of books and journals as well as innovative online
products, bibliographic databases, reference works and subject-specific portals.
We are currently seeking a Publisher in our Philadelphia office to manage, develop and grow a
specified list of nursing journals. Main responsibilities include:
· Managing the day-to-day activities relating to the publication of a specified list
· Managing contractual relationships and increasing profitability.
· Preparing proposals for society journals.
· Coordinating activities of internal staff as they relate to the journals needs.
· Maintaining contact with authors, editors and societies to ensure effective
functioning of the journals.
· Managing the growth of revenue.
· Developing strategic long-term business plans.
· Supervise and train staff to achieve goals.
Ideal candidate will have a college degree and 6+ years experience in health science
publishing, preferably the nursing market. Two years supervisory or managerial experience a
plus. Development of electronic products a plus. Candidate must have excellent oral, written
and presentation skills.
We offer excellent salary and benefits and a real opportunity for career advancement. For
immediate, confidential consideration, please e-mail resume in word format with salary history
to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Visit our Web site at: www.elsevier.com. EOE