We Are Growing!
If you are looking for rewarding and challenging work with a progressive company, Malt-O-Meal
has the right ingredients. As a leading manufacturer of branded and private label breakfast
cereals, we have built a strong reputation for hiring some of the industry’s most talented
people. We are looking for an outstanding
Supply Chain Planner (Packaging)
Summary of Job Description: Work as part of Supply Chain Planning Team to plan packaging
needs for assigned product family groups to meet the Production Schedule and maximize
inventory turns while maintaining high fill rates. Utilize MRP system and other tools within
established planning process to provide high service level to internal and external
· Packaging Planning
· Order and schedule deliveries of corrugated containers, folding cartons, flexible
packaging and misc. packaging to meet the production schedules. Enter purchase orders into
· Implementing packaging changes, coordinating transition from old to new inventories,
minimize packaging disposals, and coordinate efforts with the Packaging Buyer to resolve
supplier service and quality issues.
· Expedite incoming packaging items as required.
· Coordinate with production support teams at the Campbell Mill and South D.C. and the
transportation dept. to ensure that required materials are delivered as needed.
· Monitor inventory levels to ensure adequate availability of materials for production
runs. Document and investigate any packaging outages.
· Coordinate new item quantities and dates required with Packaging Buyer, suppliers and
Sales/Marketing. Coordinate phasing in and out of old and new packaging as well as all
· Coordinate formula changes for packaging with the Formula Coordinator and the Purchasing
Administrative Assistant to maintain accurate usages and inventories.
· Monitor system (MRP/PACMAN/COSMOS) information and take appropriate actions if errors are
found or adjustments need to be made. Use action messages and planned order reports for
· Cross-train within Supply Chain Planning team to backup Production Scheduling, Demand
Planning and Finished Goods Inventory Management.
· Takes work direction from Supply Chain Planning Team Leader and reports to Director of
Purchasing. Coordinates with Packaging Buyer on packaging planning activities.
· Perform other functions or services as required or assigned.
· Education: Four-year college degree in business, purchasing, supply chain, logistics,
accounting, or statistics. Integrated planning systems training like ERP/DRP/MRP/MPS is
required. Professional certification from APICS and/or ISM is desirable.
· Experience: Minimum of 5 years industry experience and 3 years experience operating in a
MRP environment in areas of inventory control, production scheduling, master scheduling, demand
management, capacity management, materials management, or distribution resource planning;
preferably in the consumer packaged goods industry
· Broad knowledge of supply chain processes and planning systems.
· Cost control, cost benefit analysis and the implementation of productivity improvements.
· Good communication and presentation skills.
· Demonstrated sound business judgment and initiative.
· Ability to manage many details with a high level of accuracy; ability to establish
timelines and meet deadlines.
· Ability to initiate, coordinate, collaborate, and move forward on planned activities in a
team environment; strong customer focus.
· Superior skill in prioritizing workloads.
· Demonstrated high level of competence in PC applications and the ability to use
technology as a decision support tool.
· Strong mathematical skills are required.
· Strong quantitative and analytical skills, broad range of computer skills -- database,
spreadsheet, statistics applications and business planning software packages; self-directed;
ability to communicate findings, make recommendations and facilitate change;
· Comfortable working with individuals at all organizational levels
Project management skills:
· Good interpersonal and professional skills.
· Management Skills: Decision making, collaboration, problem solving, meeting facilitation,
ability to incorporate multiple views (customer, marketing, manufacturing, distribution,
warehousing, etc.) in the supply chain planning process, strong critical, conceptual and
analytical thinking, and good business judgment
· Reports on key performance metrics; assigns causes for out of tolerance performance;
and initiates actions to improve forecast accuracy
· Investigates problems, find root causes and develop solutions
· Develops and distributes weekly/monthly/quarterly summary and other higher-level
performance reports as required.
· Assists in development and maintenance of supply chain planning policy and procedures
· Assesses current documentation and revises as needed
Data Integrity –
· Monitors systems performance; verifies data accuracy. Works with IS on system
enhancements and business process improvements.
Malt-O-Meal offers a competitive salary/benefits package, and a great working environment. For
consideration, please forward your resume and salary history to:
Human Resources (SCP)
Equal Opportunity Employer